Fight the Signs of Ageing with the Korean Skincare Regimen
Thin skin, fine lines, wrinkles and uneven tone are indicative of skin that is ageing. Because it is a forerunner in innovation, research and development, a Korean skincare regimen is ideal for ageing skins.
Why Your Skin Ages
Extrinsic ageing is a result of damage caused by the sun, exposure to pollution, tobacco use, etc. These factors thicken the cornified skin layer, cause freckles and sunspots, magnify the loss of collagen and elastin, and can even lead to precancerous lesions and malignant melanoma.
Intrinsic ageing is part of the natural ageing process and not something we can control. Depending on your genes, the production of skin-firming collagen and resilient elastin gradually wanes while your cell renewal rate slows down. The result? A sad deterioration of texture and glow.
The Best Anti-Ageing Products
Because skin gets naturally thinner and ironically also rougher as it ages, a gentle approach works best. Overworking your skin could damage it even further. Rather, opt for natural ingredients that counter the biochemical reactions discussed above. Take advantage of the latest scientific breakthroughs which are evident in Korean skincare products.
When you are trying to slow down the clock, the key products to look out for include:
- Chemical exfoliants to help expose new skin cells,
- Antioxidants such as Vitamin C to protect your skin from damaging free radicals,
- Restorative ingredients such as snail mucin,
- Moisturising plant oils,
- Hyaluronic acid to plump out wrinkles, and
- Sunscreen – the number one skin-saver. Use a high SPF sunscreen every. Single. Day. Regardless of the season or weather, a quality sunscreen is your best defense against ageing.